Hello everyone! I’m interested in getting together with some like-minded scholars and practitioners to talk about how architecture and design records in archives can be incorporated into the digital humanities. This is just a simple blurb. I’m excited to see where the conversation might take us. Some ideas for discussion:
- How do DH folks use architectural and design records?
- What keeps them from using architectural and design records?
- What prevents archivists and other cultural heritage professionals from making these records accessible?
- What can we do about these barriers?
- What would our ideal future look like? Would it have emulation environments for CAD drawings? 3D printing? Virtual reality viewers?
We produced a Google Doc to capture the salient points of our discussion. Check it out here: